ELCT-East of Lake Victoria Diocese
P. O. Box 423 Mwanza
Tel/Fax + 255 28 2540674
Information about ELVD: East of Lake Victoria Diocese (ELVD) is one of the 27 Dioceses of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT). The Diocese covers the two government administrative regions of Mwanza and Geita.
ELVD’s Vision: ‘We strive to be united in Christ so that the Kingdom of God reigns.
ELVD’s Mission: Endeavors to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ, through word and deeds, to all people in Mwanza, Geita and beyond.
About Nyakato Lutheran Bible College: Nyakato Lutheran Bible College is a centre for education in East of Lake Victoria Diocese. It is also act as a zonal college in theological training in the Lake Zone, or generally in the North-West Tanzania. The college aims at training evangelists, parish assistants and pastors at certificate and diploma levels.
Available Post & Required Candidates: To facilitate the smooth implementation of Institution’s and College mission and vision, ELVD Nyakato Lutheran Bible College is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, well-motivated capable and candidates to work.
JOB TITLE: Accountant: (1 post)
Answerable to the: College Principal
Location: ELCT - ELVD NYAKATO LUTHERAN BIBLE COLLEGE, Nyakato Area, Ilemela District, Mwanza Region, Tanzania.
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting at any recognized university
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is an added advantage
· At list two years of experience basis
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, administration and cost control procedures
· Working knowledge of financial software tools and financial report preparation, statements and projections
· A Christian who knows well the Lutheran Church, and factional system and follows the church’s morals and conduct
· Proficient computer skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
· Account balancing and reconciliation skills
· Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiency.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
· Prepare and collect student’s fees
· Prepare college staff salaries
· Perform bank reconciliation
· Receive and enter data into accounting system in accordance with the college’s financial procedures
· Ensure that all incoming and outgoing payments are properly recorded
· Assist college administrators to prepare college estimates and submit them to the board meeting
· Advice collects director on financial trends
· Prepare financial statement or report after three months, half a year and annually
· Keep petty cash, receipts, checks and other financial books in accordance with the prescribed procedures
· Provide information required in responding to auditor’s arguments and questions
· Support the budgeting preparation process
· Support teaching accounting classes to college students
· Perform other works assign by the employer
HOW TO APPLY:
The ideal candidates can submit their application, copy of certificates, transcript and curriculum Vitae detailing their experience with three references to:
NYAKATO LUTHERAN BIBLE COLLEGE
P.O.BOX 2373, MWANZA
All hard copies & soft copies are accepted) submit only covering letter, CV, Copies of Certificate, Transcript and recommendation letter from your Faith Leader).
ü ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW WITHIN ONE WEEK OF DEADLINE.
POSTING DATE: 20th June, 2023
CLOSING DATE: 10th July, 2023
v ELVD NYAKATO LUTHERAN BIBLE COLLEGE is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees