ELCT-East of Lake Victoria Diocese
P. O. Box 423 Mwanza Tel/Fax + 255 28 2540674 Email: email@example.com Website: www.elct-elvd.org
Information about ELVD: East of Lake Victoria Diocese (ELVD) is one of the 27 Dioceses of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT). The Diocese covers the two government administrative regions of Mwanza and Geita.
ELVD’s Vision: ‘We strive to be united in Christ so that the Kingdom of God reigns.
ELVD’s Mission: Endeavors to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ, through word and deeds, to all people in Mwanza, Geita and beyond.
ABOUT CHURCH CLIMATE ACTION PARTNERSHIP (CCAP)
All over the world we can directly see the results of the climate change: more and longer droughts and heat waves, extensive floods, forest fires and the increase of the level of water at the lakes and the oceans. In average 23 million people left their homes due to the direct impact of climate change in the last decades: these environmental refugees were chased away by hunger caused by extreme weather conditions and floods.
Over 3 billion people around the world face the effects of land degradation: declining crop yields, poor water quality, and worsening soil erosion. Public sector leaders are designing policies to scale up restoration and support local livelihoods
The aim of the Church Climate Action Partnerships project is to link seven church congregations and one church educational institution each in the East of Lake Victoria Diocese (ELVD) in Tanzania and the Northern Church in thematically focused climate partnerships and thus strengthen them in their joint action against the climate crisis and their adaptation to its consequences.
The project aims to create a new form of partnership cooperation that addresses the demands of decolonization, as well as the need to move away from fossil fuels and adapt to the climate crisis. Within the framework of the three-year climate partnerships, own climate action plans are to be developed and implemented at the community level, closely accompanied by a project manager from ELVD and the Centre for global Ministries and ecumenical Relations. Accompanied by a training program and digital exchange, knowledge and skills on climate change mitigation and adaptation will be built.
ELCT-East of Lake Victoria Diocese would like to announce a new vacancy position in the capacity of Project Coordinator for the CCAP project.
1. Project Coordinator– (1 post) Reporting to: General Secretary Locations: ELVD Head Office
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Provide overall technical, operational, and administrative support to project staff and partners in Germany and Tanzania
· Oversee project budget implementation including tracking spending, disbursements
· Supervise the implementation of the approved workplan
· Lead on the establishment of the partnership of the parishes between Tanzania parishes and college with Germany parishes
· Supervise parishes in Tanzania in Climate action activities implementation
· Coordinate Church Climate Action Partnership (CCAP) with other stakeholders like government officials, other implementing partners, local authorities.
· Ensure preparation and timely completion and submission both financial and narrative reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually).
· Work with other project staff to ensure that appropriate data is obtained to produce high quality timely reports.
· Provides mentorship and guidance to the team members and models best practices; advises and trains other team members on, organization policies, procedures, tools, and methodologies, as needed.
· Performs other related tasks as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in environmental studies, social or economic sciences or Economic Development, Project management, natural resources, community development, Monitoring and Evaluation, or equivalent from any recognized University.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Social or Economic Sciences or Economic Development, Project Management, Natural Resources, Community Development, or equivalent experience
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience.
• Previous experience managing various projects.
• Experience in at least one of the following technical areas: Environmental management, natural resources management, project management, Monitoring and Evaluation etc.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
How to submit your application?
Interested Applicant who meet requirements as stated may submit their application to: General Secretary ELVD
P.O.BOX 423, MWANZA
(Only soft copies are accepted) submit Cover letter, CV, Copies of Academic Certificates, Academic Transcript & Recommendation Letter from Faith Leader.
RELEASE DATE: 22nd February 2023
CLOSING DATE: 14th March 2023 Time: 15: 00 pm
· ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES SHALL BE CALLED FOR INTERVIEW WITHIN THE SAME WEEK OF DEADLINE.
ELVD is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.